Friday, March 5, 2021

It's A New Year -- 2021 Gotta Be Better!!!

AJ in Wyoming Winter

 








Goodbye to 2020! 2021 has got to be a better year. Someone new is in the White House who is trying to catch up and correct all the failings of "the other guy" who knew nothing about governing. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like I was unmoored in an oarless rowboat. 2021 has got to be a better year! 








Winter has been pretty tough in a number of ways. Cold, wet, sometimes snowy...relentlessly trying to make isolation seem like a prison sentence. But a few days of sunshine with 50 degree temps makes Spring finally seem
inevitable. I've placed a tarp over my raised bed to help melt the icy snow and eventually warm the earth enough that I may plant lettuce and broccoli. (Thinking ahead!)







With all the wet snow we had here, the snowblower didn't always do its job without intervention. I guess I never learned when my mom scolded me about touching the stove top.


Because on one occasion my snow blower bit me. That was followed by a trip to the emergency room and ended with fifteen stitches and a broken fingertip bone. Yes...ouch!!! 




It's amazing how important the middle finger of a left hand of a right handed person really is.

I'll just point out --grooming a TT. At first I thought I would have to cut everyone down. There are three girls I haven't been able to show all last year because of the Covid situation. All kept in show coat. A new pup learning all about grooming on a table and a finished dog I was planning to Special. I thought maybe I should hit on my friends...plead my case for grooming help. 

Eventually I resigned myself to cope with the situation my dumb-ass self put myself in and learn how to groom without my left hand. Not as easy as one might think. 

And without dog shows to attend (and the very few local shows opening with limited entry requirements and closing  before you even get a chance to key in the info), I am happy to receive emails, cards, with and without notes and sometimes videos from all the TT friends and especially the TT family. Like the photo Susan posted of Miss Monroe's bro, AJ, that opened up this edition. Winters in Wyoming are snowy!

This cute one Christine sent me of the last pup who left, Miss Ditto. She's all grown up now looking different than her wee self...but still as appealing and impish.

Dennis watch,

You can see it's very stressful recovering from a bath.

Christine and Ditto



I've received lots of photos as Ditto has grown in a beautiful young lady. This is one of my favorites. It captures her essence.



 

I welcome all the up-dates...the birthday wishes as well as the funny stories. It certainly made 2020 much easier to get through. Sharing their milestones with me...whether happy or sad, makes me feel part of their lives. I appreciate it.



Snowy had a birthday.





 

Snowy's 6th birthday --he shared with his mom, KDEE --2020!


Deborah

 

 









 

Dear Dennis,


It’s been a long time since we checked in with you about our Tinley. We’re looking forward to his sixth birthday party next month. He is the love of our life, the center of our attention, our best friend and companion, and a family comedian who keeps us laughing constantly every moment. A large presence indeed! 

 

We have come to agree as a family that Tinley --and we-- would love to have a little sister or brother. They sure are enough toys here for five or six friends! 

 

What do you think? Could you add us to your list? 

 

I attached some recent pics of him getting caught opening one of his Christmas presents early. 

 

Hope all is reasonably well. Looking forward to a healthy or new year. 

 

Cheers, 

 

Michael

 

 



 

Hi Dennis,


Panda will be 11 years young on Valentine’s Day. He loves living in Maine with the occasional foray to Massachusetts and Vermont to visit his “fan club”. 

 

A loyal hiker, reliable off leash and our dearest companion, Panda is always on the lookout for voles in the snow drifts and especially for “Mr. Fox”.

 

 

Thanks for bringing him into our lives. 

 

Judy and Bob

 

 



 

Hi Dennis,


Hope you are well. Our TT, Lucy, was part of the Valentine’s Day 2010 litter. She’s doing really well --although she doesn’t appreciate being disturbed during naptime. She essentially grew up with our son who will turn 23 soon. He’s been home this year due to Covid which made Lucy very happy. 

 

Take care, 

 

Mike

 

 


 

 

Dennis,


Ziggy has been enjoying a wonderful life with us in Scottsdale, Arizona and on Martha’s Vineyard despite the pandemic. He really enjoys his longer walks now having Dick and me home every day and not traveling to visit grandchildren! Did you know that I’ve seen Ziggy’s photo in Pinterest! It’s a photo I sent you when Ziggy was one year old. I hope all is well for you and your puppies! 

 

Best, 

 

Debbie

 

 

 


 

 

Hi Sue and Dennis,


I am very sad to inform you that Sophie passed away on Sunday at the very ripe old age of 16 ½! Recent photo from August. She had her quirks, but she was a wonderful dog for all those years and I thank you both for bringing her into my life. Right now the hole left in my heart is too raw to let another dog in, but I know that there will be a time when I am ready. Because I have done well with Tibetans, I figured I’d see if there was a new batch of puppies on the horizon or if you knew of a young dog that is looking for a home?

 

Thanks, 

 

Karen 












It has been an exceptional beginning of 2021...with too many "oh my!" moments already. I'm looking forward to more calm and hopefully to one of my girls deciding to come into season...it's been a long lonely winter, especially without puppies. Until then, I'll enjoy a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows or a glass of wine.











More later...

 

 

 



 

 

No comments: