Monday, November 18, 2013

Tibetan Terrier Kiara Holiday Tidings 2013





A new holiday season is once again upon us: a time to reflect on all the joyous events the past year has brought us and smile at the future for what possibilities wait in store. 

It has been a great year of good fortune and spirited joyfulness here at Kiara. I highly recommend early retirement. Especially if you have other ambitions. Working --more or less-- full time with my TTs has brought me the completion of several goals this year...as it has in the past few years. I look forward to an assessment of what next year's goals should be. And I'll hope for the best.


There have been a few --very few-- shows recently as all the show-goals were accomplished. But it's never too early to start on the new ones. Waiting ring side to enter are Mike and Marie McLoughlin's beautiful Bea and Cookie.  Little Vienna was also present at this show.


Marie Mcloughlin with Bea and Mike with Cookie






When I sent the above photo of 6 month old Vienna, Kiara Tempset, to her Dad's owner, Karen, she was astounded.

Hi Dennis,
OMG!!! Vienna is beautiful. First weekend out winning a major, 
that's great!

Thought I'd show off a picture of my grandson with Reuben at our party last month...
He just started some obed. classes. He was barking at everyone the first 10 min, but was super the last 50... He's a spoiled farm dog that needs to get out there more! I wanted to ask you about showing lil Reuben... He's beautiful but not been to any conformation classes. He's such a lovely mover too...any ideas on shows coming up that I should enter with him? or we could  meet and  YOU can show him! You have the touch for sure!
We had our first snow last night...3" or so...winter like....brrrrr
Envy you on your trip to Mexico!
Karen & Reuben




Older bro Bodie with younger bro Reuben


The successful litter of Loui-zzz (CH Kiara Give Me A Kiss To Build A Dream On) to Cuervo (CH Kiara Black Medallion) all made great transitions to their new homes. It's good to hear about their first days whether by phone or emails with photos!

Dennis,

I meant to send you an email yesterday but my life has been filled with puppy.  Toby is the brightest, cutest, smartest puppy ever.  Well maybe that is a bit over the top but he is pretty spectacular.  Worked on the leash on Sunday.  Went into his crate and slept through the night with one short whimper Sunday and repeated that on Monday and Tuesday.  Loves his walks and is crazy about leaves.  Two little accidents in the house, but yesterday and today going right to his spot outdoors to do his business.  Went to the vet yesterday and got his shot and a microchip without a whimper.

Turns out getting a picture is hard on my phone.  This is the best one so far but I am going to break out the real camera and will send you more later.

Thanks for our boy.                Mike





Hey Dennis
Vinnie is awesome!  He loves the car so we take him everywhere.  We just strap his crate in the back seat and go.

Housetraining is always a challenge but accidents have been minimal.  He already plays fetch and that always wears him out.  He is still on 3 meals a day.  Vet suggested we stay there if our schedule allows. Sue works 1-5 so it does work and 2 little girls in the neighborhood take him out after school and run his legs off in the backyard.  He loves his crate and sleeps from 10pm to 630am! I am waiting for him to wake up any minute.  We received his registration papers in the mail, thank you. 
Hope all is well with you.
Lou



Dennis, Vinnie was out cold after helping rake leaves.



Hi Dennis, the puppy and Brock have arrived safe. We love him!  He is so adorable and absolutely what this home needed.  Yonti isn't exactly pleased but know he will warm up to him once he realizes he is staying :)  Thank you for the pictures.  They are both gorgeous!   Here are a couple of pics.  He did excellent on the flight and played a bit when he got here but is exhausted now. He is a happy little guy tonight.  He cuddles with me and then Brock :)   We had snow last night so he has been introduced to that.  Lot's of new things going on for the baby so he is tired.  I love his markings.  Can you send a pic of his mom and not sure if you would have a picture of the dad?  We are just curious about them. I don't even want to go to bed because I want to hold him all night :)   Thank you again for letting us have him.  He is so very much loved.   Thanks much.
Gayle














Now looking forward to see the newest members of the Kiara Family grow into their own. 



By studying the qualities of their mom, Passion, and their dad, Bodhi, I am only expecting the very best. They certainly will keep me busy during the holiday season and will bring many smiles while photographing them under the Christmas tree, amongst strings of lights, around Christmas decorations, sticking out of wreaths...you get the picture .


PASSION
CH Kiara All Fired Up
BODHI
CH Kiara Bodhi
























And it's always good to hear from those owners whose TTs are a bit older.  Love hearing how they are doing and totally appreciate the love showered upon them. And on occasion I get to see them. 


Hi, Dennis,Thanks for the Friend E-Mail!  Hope all is well with you up there!Max is doing great....he is a true joy to Ed and me.  He can do some commands, although I still have problems with "heel".  He just wants to go his own way and make his own path, taking me along for the ride!One question- do you have any suggestions for shampoo and conditioners for him?  We are trying some different ones that the vet gave us....don't have the bottle here but will check on the name when he gets groomed next week. I finally got Max to hold still long enough for a picture! He has 'antennas' (or pigtails!) to hold his hair out of his eyes until it grows long enough to go back naturally. Momma's little Alien!Take care and stay warm.Jan













Dennis - Riley had his third birthday this week and we celebrated with his favorite elk antler and hugs. He's great. Will send a picture sometime soon for your end-of-year video.
Riley the cat!!! I hope this doesn't count as animal abuse, but Riley tends to be good natured as my kids make him part of the fun in our house!

I had him with me this weekend at a ballgame and somebody there loved him so much that she was interested in learning more from you. I shared your web site URL. Though I don't know her name, you shouldn't be surprised if somebody from Bethesda / Potomac / Rockville, MD gets in touch with you.


I hope you're doing well.

Richard









I had the privilege of a visit from Cyrus and his owners Nina and Dave. Cyrus was born here ten years ago from Socrates and Madam. Nina and Dave had kept him in beautiful condition --including full show coat-- throughout his life. It was good to hear what exceptional qualities he possesses --demonstrated toward people, other dogs and critters. I especially felt grateful to have him loved so!  He gaited into the backyard as if he had always been here and engaged with some old members of his family and one of the newest.

On a table for me
Investigating the dog yard
With Vienna in tow





Goodness had to say hello















Sometimes the news isn't as sweet. But knowing when a member of an older generation passes over the rainbow bridge --having lived a wonderful life-- is worth celebrating. Willie was loved a lot --not only by Paul and Kathleen-- but by his TT family.



Hi,
With a very sad heart I have to say my beloved dog Willie passed away early this evening. He was in such distress I decided I had to let him go. Paul had hope to see him, but we decided I couldn't let him suffer another minute to wait his return, This condition called "old dog syndrome," came on so suddenly yesterday evening, and now he is gone. I have been so lucky to have known him from the very moment he was born --his full cycle of life (15+yrs.), and I was so thankful that he knew I was there with him as he passed on to his next journey. I told him his mom, Katie, was waiting for him. (Which really was meant to give me some peace of mind!)
Paul has been away for over two weeks, and now Willie is not here. The TTs probably are wondering what is going on. Well, maybe they know more than I think. This morning Jack wouldn't come back in. He kept sniffing the yard looking for Willie.
Sorry - we are all just so sad and at this moment I just need to share.
Kathleen



Continuing to share photos of TTs of past generations has brought us to a family.  The last installments captured 3 of the handsome males and 3 beautiful females.  Here is a family: a mom, Bubble (CH Kiara Absolutely Fabulous), and a dad, Socrates (CH Kiara Me And My Happy Feet). The combination proved exciting as pups. Out of the pairing came two very influential children: handsome Vegas (CH Kiara Deja's Hit The Jackpot) and beautiful sister Flame (CH Kiara Flame of Rue Ch'ere).


BUBBLE 
SOCRATES




VEGAS
FLAME



















Since 2008 I have prepared a video of photos I have received from all the wonderful TT families who have made a loving home for a Kiara Tibetan Terrier. I save them all, scan the holiday cards, and try include most of them. This year is no exception. I hope you take a moment to view the YouTube video to help celebrate the Holiday Season and this exceptional breed.









I wish everyone a joyous holiday season...busy as it may be...one that is filled with contentment, purpose, and celebration. And then after, a Happy New Year to all.

More later.


No comments: