Monday, September 30, 2013

Late Summer/Early Fall









Over the past few months many events have occurred. First, it was fun to attend the Tibetan Terrier National Specialty held in Greensboro, North Carolina. I was given the opportunity to judge as the “breeder-judge” the Invitational Evening of Champions. It was an exceptional experience for me as I put on the very first one in 1999. I was proud that the event has lasted the test of time and has become one of the highlight events of our TT Specialty agenda.







All the beautiful Tibetans invited were exceptional –all 5’s to me. My judge peers, Marge Calltharp, AKC breed judge, Christian Manelopoulos, professional handler judge, and I came very close to agreeing, I’m sure, about those TT exhibits that excelled in the breed characteristics we were entrusted to evaluate to find the winner amongst all the winners.





Our top choice was GCH CH Arkeden N Kiskades Havin A Ball, Bocce, bred by Jackie and Thomas Faust. In my mind’s eye he certainly excelled in all things “Tibetan Terrier” we were required to evaluate. In addition to all of the pieces being so well integrated in such a super dog, he was classically groomed and beautifully presented. I was so honored to assist in presenting his owners Sally Birgl and Jackie Faust with the winning ribbon.










At that Specialty I had to opportunity to watch one of the TTs I bred compete and get top honors in the Rally Events. That was Mr. Cooper, CH Kiara Ewok Among Us.  I love the folks who can do these exceptional endeavors with my TTs. I am ver grateful. Cooper’s owner Jane wrote:






Dennis,

This picture of Cooper is so adorable. I had to send one to you. Perhaps you have a “Wall of Fame” for all your kids.

Today he passed his evaluation for Pet Therapy so we can visit the elderly and the sick and hopefully bring them some comfort and happiness.

Don and I enjoy him so much –we talk about him all the time. Travis loves him too.

Thanks again, Jane





Here at home we have a new champion: CH Kiara A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes. Or Q to us around the house. His road to his championship included four major pointed shows: a great record for this handsome, sweet TT male. This fortuitous happening makes his Mom, Dream (Sweet-Dreams Are Made Of This), an ROM –a register of merit mom.




First time out of the gate at the tender age of 6 months, Vienna, Kiara Tempest, earned her first points: a 3 point major! A very unexpected win for my little girl. At the same show her cousin, Cookie, Mike McLoughlin’s Lukilu Life Is But A Dream At Kiara, came in reserve. The little girls had the day. Making the weekend even memorable, Vienna went reserve the next day to a 4 point major winner.












Winning that four pointer was Mike McLoughlin’s Bea, Lukilu Little Song Of Mine. Bea now has earned her two majors. She has a few points to go toward her AKC championship.

And a few weeks ago his 6 month old Cookie was exhibited at the Greenwich Kennel Club B Match. It became a memorable event when the little girl went Best In Match! Congratulations.

Love receiving news and photos from everyone. Keeps me up with the Kiara family out there.


Hi Dennis, Hope you are doing well! Here's a picture I took of Maggie today after she was professionally groomed for the first time (only the hair around her eyes was cut). She has been doing great and is such a sweetheart! We love her to pieces. She is very healthy and weighed 14.5 lbs at the vet last week. I don't think she's going to be big. Thursday she is getting spayed. I'm dreading it for her:( How is her sister doing? Does she look like Maggie? I hope all is going well on your end and I will be in touch! Best, Megan


Shelley sent some photos of Zara (Andrea of Andrea and her apple) from days when she romped about the back yard before going to her new loving home.










Here is our boy Felix after a good romp in the yard. We just adore him and he's loving his new home in Brookline.

Karisa














Hi Dennis,
Hope this note finds you well.  Do you believe that Tashi turned three today?  She is a joy in our lives and is still the princess of the neighborhood.  No matter where we go people are always asking questions about her and we have been told more than once how beautiful she is.  On a recent visit to Martha's Vineyard, we had at least 30 people stop us. Forwarding a recent picture.  
Sincerely,
Bob and Linda





Hi Dennis - hard to believe Miss Thing is a great grandmother! She has such an enthusiastic, bouncy, youthful personality. Even her vet was in disbelief at her age a few months ago when I asked him to do the senior panel as part of her check up. She is wonderful with Jeffie and my mom - both of whom are a bit fragile these days.  She loves to go bed in the big bed with Jeff and me and loves to go for walks both on and off leash. We really enjoy having her as part of our family – Laura


Thank you all for making such loving homes for these TTs. Laura wrote about Miss Thing as she has great-great grandchildren here. Mother Loui-zzz and Dad Cuervo produced a beautiful new litter of pups.

Once again, looking at all the photos of TTs --some from the recent past and others from years gone by-- in my own archives of photos, I’m sharing some more of the beauties that helped produce the Kiara TTs walking about today.  Last time I captured 3 of the boys. Here are three more worth taking a look at --3 of the girls:


CH Kiara Poor Butterfly
Bianca
CH Kiara Ou-La_La
Jilly




CH Kiara's Wicket Dinah-Might
Dinah





More later.

No comments: