Sunday, April 22, 2018

Springtime 2018

SPRING -- 2018

It's been a long time coming this year, but it's finally getting seasonally springtime! After seeing last year's FaceBook post pop up on my newsfeed that I planted cold weather veggies, I got busy and put some in. (Must have been warmer last year!) But there are buds on everything and even some early bloomers are shouting out "spring has arrived!"

The local TT club, Bay Colony Tibetan Terrier Club, held their annual show at the Big E in W. Springfield. It was well attended by exhibitors and fancier-spectators. Though I couldn't show anything myself as I was judging Chows the next day, I enjoyed watching the entry strut their stuff. Got to catch up with folks I don't see a lot and especially enjoyed seeing my very good friends. Sue Meluzin (seen in the following photos) exhibited two of Q-Tips kids: Boo in the bitch classes who needs a major to finish her AKC championship and Reuben in the Specials ring. Just look at that long row of beautifully presented Specials!








Sue and Boo.
The video above is of some of the Specials showing themselves to their best advantage by their very capable handlers. Remarkable to watch!

Boo almost garnered her last points. She went Reserve Winners Bitch to the 5 point major. Well, almost.








Hearing how the little guys that leave here fit into their new lives is always well received. Watching them grow from those lovable --but pesky-- little creatures into great companions helps keep me invested. Thank you for sharing with me. 




Hey Dennis,

Hope all is well. 

Hogan is doing great! He has adjusted to our house quite nicely.

Thanks again,

Dave










Hi Dennis

He’s settled in quite nicely.

Lauren











Hi,

Charlie and Lula were very cooperative on their daily play date. They even posed for some pictures for you!

Charlie is almost a big a Lula, but Lula is definitely in change.

Hope all is well,

Alecia




Dennis,

Alecia cc’d me on the photos. The pups are truly adorable. Again, have to thank you for our Lula! (And Charlie, of course.

Came across these pen and watercolors that Nina did of Lula a year or so ago and thought you might enjoy them.

Mona












Hi Dennis,

Harley is doing great. She is a good dog and a quick learner. 

She went to the vets today so is up on her shots. She is a little over eight pounds and everyone at the vets loves her.

I’m glad you like the tree. I love mine so I thought you would like it.

Cathy






Hi Dennis,

I tried to send this last week but not sure if you got it. A little video of Sophia playing with “Sunny”. She is an awesome puppy!!

Joe



Dennis, 

Doris and Cooper –Therapy Dogs! Best job for these TTs.

Jane



Hi Dennis!

Thank goodness, we didn't get much of this wet snow this year.
Hope you are doing well.  Just wanted to give you some updated pics of our girl, Jai Alai! She is festive today!

Grace









Dennis,

Zayde is doing very well.

Gerald 

Zayde helps out at Animal Rescue League in Boston's Southend...near where she lives. So happy always that the little ones leave and sometimes share their fortune with others. 




Hi Dennis,

Incredibly, a whole month has flown by since we picked up Dzogi. He is WONDERFUL. He is growing like crazy – I swear, from the time he goes into his crate at night until morning, he comes out bigger. He’s learned a few commands and he is really catching onto the house training. He’s funny, loving, mellow, energetic, really quick to notice things and remember. We couldn’t be happier.
I have one quick question: he’s up to date on all immunizations with just the last lepto-distemper shot to go. Do you recommend the Lyme vaccine? Bailey always got it, but he also got Lymes disease three times. I am not a bit sure how effective the shot is, and I don’t like giving creatures, either to litigate our four-legged, useless pathogens.

Thanks, and below you can see the morning portrait.

Best,

Laurie





Aanandi and Moxie. They have such a wonderful time together! Thank you Dennis! Hope you are well.

Martha


Hi Dennis,

I thought you might like to see how Tashi is doing – she just got spayed and bounced back in a day. She is very, very sweet and considers our other dog her mother. They play all the time.

She is quite nervous and has taken months to warm up to us one by one, except she loved my husband nearly right away as you said she might. My daughter is still working on it.

She spends a lot of time sleeping next to the beanbag in the photo, and it is hard to tell them apart. We think this is also like a mother to her!

She is a doll.

Hope you are well,

Ann










Dennis,

Wanted to send a brief update--I believe that tomorrow is Tobi's birthday.

She's been great--a stubborn ear canal fungal infection, a GI bug--but otherwise a much-loved addition to the family.





Attaching a recent picture (with Evan), and an Evan essay that we stumbled on while cleaning--probably written when he was in 5th or 6th grade--recalling the day we picked up Ali. (Let us know if you can't open pictures).

Hope all is good with you.

Best,


Charley, Cam, Kate, Evan, and Tobi

The following note and photo were from many years ago when Ali went to live with Charles, Cam, Kate, and Evan...when Evan wrote that wonderful essay of when he got his dog. These little ones --like Ali and Tobi-- have helped me forge so many wonderful relationships. 



Dennis,

Hope you are doing well.

We wanted to give you an update on Ali --she's
doing great, is much loved, and may be the 
sweetest dog I've ever met. She certainly has
claimed the number one spot in the kid's
affection.

Kind Regards, and thanks again for trusting
that we would be good parents.

Charles, Cam, Kate, and Evan






The celebration of milestones like Tobi's 1st birthday is always balanced off. We celebrate their every antic. I do here myself --their first wobble, their first messy meal, first bark, etc. etc. 

But we also see them to the Rainbow Bridge. They leave us alone for a bit feeling left behind...but in time with memories that they shared with us as our wonderful companions. Hearing about their passings and the lives you shared with them is welcome here. Debbie and I spoke of Truffin's passing over the Rainbow Bridge recently. I hope I can help with a few words of solace. We celebrated Truffin's life. 


Hi Dennis.  

Sorry for being such a mess on the phone.  I thought I was ready to call you and say it out loud, but I guess not.  I think by the summer I will be ready to welcome a new addition to our family.  We would be looking for a female puppy.  Please put me on your list.

Thank you again for 15 very happy years with my beautiful Truffin.

Debbie







In closing this News & Reviews: I attended a TT Meet-Up yesterday. I recommend joining one in the future if you can. It was so much fun.

This meet-up was held at World's End in Hingham, MA. What a magnificent site! Trails leading over hilly terrain in salt water marshland with the Boston skyline visible over the harbor made for spectacular vistas. 

But what made it very special were the TT friends who met up and enjoyed it all with their Tibetan Terriers. The two hours flew by and we were all well exercised; me, ready for a nap.

Jane Goodell helps arrange these meet-ups in New England. One of the next ones is going to be in Newburyport. Can't wait.
















































































This last photo is of Mr. Cooper with me. Thanks for including me in such a wonderful day. Site, weather, friends...it couldn't have been more perfect. 




More later...







No comments: